From Broccoli Cupcake:
In honor of the upcoming pool openings and the gorgeous weather I decided to take some time to give our pool bag a makeover. As I work to make healthier choices for my family and the earth here are five changes I made to last year’s pool bag.
1. Replaced plastic sandwich bags with reusable bags from Snack Taxi.
2. Replaced juice boxes and Capri-Suns with Sigg reusable water bottles – durable, good for the planet and come in tons of designs to suit every personality, plus my kids think they’re cool b/c they have sport tops.
3. Replaced last year’s sunscreen with Kiss My Face for the boys and Natria for me. (Read more about sunscreen options in Fun in the Sun at Broccoli Cupcake. )
4. Replaced Neosporin with Silver Shield to disinfect cuts and scrapes.
5. Somewhat reluctantly replaced my disposable swim diapers with a more hygienic, eco-friendly and budget friendly reusable swim diaper. (Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this one!)
What else is in my bag?
- Lots of fresh fruit and sunbutter for dipping
- Reusable ice packs in kid friendly shapes from Target – I chose soccer balls and footballs
- Band-Aids – I chose the cute, but inexpensive, Target brand camouflage band-aids
- Sun hats, Rash guard shirts and sun-protective terry cloth cover-ups. We cover up during rest periods and snack breaks so we can enjoy more time in the water without worrying about sunburn.
So that’s my pool bag makeover. I’m still looking for a few eco-friendly pool toys, but they are hard to find. I ’d love to hear what’s in your pool bag this year? Please share your tips at Broccoli Cupcake.
See you at the pool!